Friday, September 02, 2005

The Darlin' Girl From Clare
Percy French




We were sitting on the wall upon a Sunday
To watch the girls go by
And thinkin' we'd be marrit to one one day,
When Kate Flynn caught our eye.
Oh, man, she had the makin's of a fairy
And it made each boy'o swear!
There's not one girl in the wide wide world
Like the girl from County Clare.

And every man had got the finest plan
Ye ever see now - barrin' me now.
Ev'ry day there's one of them would say
That she'll agree now - you'll see now.
All night they'd fight as to which o' them was right
In the colour of her eyes and hair;
But not a word from me was ever heard
About the Darling Girl from Clare.

I never said a single word about her
But I met the girl that day,
I told her I could never live without her,
An' what had she to say?
She said that I should go and see her father,
I met him then and there,
An' in less than an hour we were fightin' for the dower
Of the Darling Girl from Clare!

So every man had got the finest plan
Ye ever see now - barrin' me now,
Ev'ry day there's one of them would say
That she'll agree now - you'll see now.
But late last night when the moon was bright,
I axed her if she'd share
Me joy an' me sorra' an' begorra! On tomorra'
I'll be married to the Girl from Clare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Godlike article it' s actually distinct, i liking stab it! Very good article and blog, poker is permissible to !
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]